Sunday, April 25, 2021

Hindsight is nowhere near 20/20.

You know I am a procrastinator. The titles of my books say it all. "Disaster Prepping For Procrastinators", because everyone can do a little, should do a little, to keep the wolf from the door. 

It's been a year since the world shut down due to the Coronavirus. Now, I haven't been silent, don't get me wrong. I've just been on other forms of Social Media, making sure I posted not just information, but encouraging posts. People need hope when it seems all things are out of control. If you had faith in God before the Stay At Home Orders were first handed down, your faith has either been strengthened or it has failed you in this time. 

The good thing is if it was strengthened, you were able to pass that strength on to other people. If it was weakened, don't despair. God is waiting for you to come back home. 

What has the last year taught you? Are you seeing people for who they really are? I mean, who they REALLY are, under all of the smiles, civility and nice comments? Learning to read people has become important in this time. It's almost an introductory course in understanding where the true heart and intent of humanity is when the chips are down. Who would you leave behind your back? And who would you keep in front of you, where you can keep a good eye on them?

What would you have stockpiled or put away that would have helped you through this past year? Well, there is good news on that front. The shelves are starting to be stocked once more with things even I had overlooked that became like gold during the Pandemic...Lysol Spray...toilet paper...paper towels...plastic gloves...canned goods...for some, even alcohol became a necessity. 

Well, do you believe that things are almost over, or should you continue...or start...to prepare to ride out the storm to come? What is your gut telling you? When you pray, what are you hearing? 

If there is one thing I have learned in this past year, it's that I don't want to wonder, when I can be sure. I don't want to sit around this time next year asking myself, 'What could I have done differently? How could I have prepared myself and my family? What decisions am I making right now that could impact me in a negative manner in the future? What help was available to me that I have left on the table? Have I honored God in all I have done? Have I taken care of my neighbor as I would my own flesh and blood? Have I given enough? Have I prayed enough? Do I truly, after all that has happened, believe I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living?"

I wrote two accompanying books, 'Forms' and two 'Shopping List' Books, one of which came with accompanying scriptures. 

One of the Scriptures that has ran through my mind since the pandemic occurred is Proverbs 6:6-11. It states,

"Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:

Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,

Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.

How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?

10 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:

11 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.

So, prepare for the worst, believe in the best. Believe the vaccine's will work. Believe the mutations won't be as bad as expected. Believe that the shelves will continue to stay full. Believe that you have prepared as best you could, and prepare as much as you can. Now is the time to plant gardens. Now is the time to remember the ant. We've had enough television binging. Enough overeating. Enough worry. Enough anxiety. Enough fear. And more than anything, enough procrastination. 

This is my first Pandemic Post on my Blog in over a year. You can follow me on Instagram at @trishaalindsey if you stand in need of some encouragement. If you don't do Instagram, my posts are automatically copied to my Facebook Author Page, Trisha Lindsey, Author. 

My thoughts are pretty much the same as yours as we have gone through the ups and downs of the past year. I don't post every day, but try to hit every Sabbath if I don't make a post that week.  Please. Be encouraged. God is in control.

#BeEncouragedTAL




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post your comments and pictures on the Blog, so we can know how your efforts are going! If you need to reach out to me, I'm willing to help!

Get your Mylar Bags and Oxygen Absorber's!

Long term food storage. I know you've seen the videos of people feverishly storing 50 pound bags of Rice, 20 pound bags of flour and any...