Wednesday, August 7, 2024

I got discouraged, it happens

 I admit it, I got discouraged. With a couple of years of setbacks and unending pain in my back and hips, I got discouraged. I couldn't cook like I used to, clean like I used to or prepare like I used to. And I finally got to the end of the food products we had stockpiled before COVID-19 hit. Then last month, I got good news! My hips need surgery, I finally made it to age 60, where the surgery will let me have 20 years plus of being able to not be in pain due to my hips. 

So, September is coming, but I will be recovering from hip surgery. Thus, August has to be about shoring up my surroundings so I can recuperate and do therapy to get back on my feet. But that doesn't mean YOU can't be starting to get your house in order this September!

The 'Disaster Prepping for Procrastinator's' book is laid out for a full year's cycle of Prepping and putting your house in order, starting in the Fall and ending in the Summer of the coming year. With prices soaring, now might be your best time to start putting away your pantry and ridding your house of things you really don't need. If you haven't checked on a box, file folder, tub or drawer in months, you might want to reassess if what is stored there is really necessary.

Everything I do or suggest is set up for those on a shoestring budget. That is because it is my reality having retired on disability years ago, and it is harder to get services now if you find yourself in a dire situation. Social Services has seen an uptick in people who have recently lost jobs, overextended their finances due to medical bills and disaster relief. If you are in a good position now, thank God.

So, I am going to get back on the bandwagon, and take my own advice. I have three rooms I must clear up in order to move forward, and not a lot of time to do it, so I will post pictures and video. The mess didn't happen overnight and it won't be fixed overnight, but fixed it will be. The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. #BeEncouragedTAL





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post your comments and pictures on the Blog, so we can know how your efforts are going! If you need to reach out to me, I'm willing to help!

I got discouraged, it happens

 I admit it, I got discouraged. With a couple of years of setbacks and unending pain in my back and hips, I got discouraged. I couldn't ...